Pork with peach salsa recipe
Make tonight's dinner extra special with this healthy recipe that marries pork and peaches. The result? A lovely, light and fresh meal you'll want to make again and again.
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 4 small peaches, deseeded and diced
- 500g lean pork steaks
- oil spray
- 1 tsp torn coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely sliced mint leaves
In a small bowl, add lime juice and caster sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add chopped peaches to the lime and sugar solution. Set to one side.
Heat a non-stick frying pan, grill pan or barbeque to medium-high. Spray pork steaks lightly with oil, then cook for 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and rest on a board for a couple of minutes.
Toss coriander and mint through peaches just before serving along with a pinch of salt. Serve steaks topped with salsa.
- This recipe would work well using chicken breast or even fish instead of pork.
- Swap out the peaches for nectarines for a different take.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related pork recipes
- Perfect pork cuts
- Pork and chickpea tortilla
- Pork and corn burgers
- Pork and fennel meatball pasta
- Pork and prawn potsticker dumplings
- Pork and sage meatloaf with apples
- Pork and veal bolognaise
- Pork belly and mango salad
- Pork belly with spiced apple compote
- Pork burgers with sweet onion and apples
- Pork chops with feta and beetroot salad