Bunting birthday cake recipe
Grab a white birthday cake, make it pretty with Smarties and hand-make your own bunting with love!
- 1 white birthday cake (this recipe includes a 3 layer cake with icing
- 2 pkts (320g) Smarties or lollies of your choice
You will also need:
- decorative string (50cm)
- 2 bamboo skewers
- printed Kidspot Bunting template
- straight scissors
- pinking shears
You will find 4 more bunting templates here
Step 1. Bake and ice your white birthday cake and place it on a nice pedestal cake plate.
Step 2. Tie the string onto the blunt ends of the skewers about 2cm from the top, using a slip knot. Cut the letters out from the bunting template and use the pinking shears to cut along the bottom. Fold the top third of each letter over so you can hang them on the string.
Step 3. Sort your favourite coloured Smarties. Push them into the cake icing in a pretty pattern.
Step 4. Push the skewers into the cake and hang the bunting letters over the string.
- What can you do if you don't have time to bake a triple layer white cake? Well you can sneak into the supermarket or bakery and grab three ready-made cakes or sponges and ice them. Voila!
- If you don't think you will have time to make this cake then you can bake the cake and freeze the layers wrapped in cling film for up to two weeks before you require them.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more Birthday Cake recipes:
- Balloon birthday cake
- Birthday cake recipes
- Bouncing balls birthday cake
- Chocolate owl birthday cake
- Chocolate-dipped strawberry flower birthday cake
- Cupcake tower birthday cake
- Dino birthday cake
- Easy lolly birthday cake recipe
- Flower pot birthday cake
- Handbag birthday cake
- Hollywood starlet birthday cake
- Ice cream cone birthday cake
- Island birthday cake
- Make-up compact birthday cake
- Marshmallow flower birthday cake
- Mermaid treasure birthday cake
- My Little Pony birthday cake
- Pirate ship birthday cake
- Princess birthday cake
- Simple marshmallow birthday cake recipe
- Soccer field birthday cake
- Spaceship birthday cake