Healthy raw caramel dip recipe
This raw caramel dip is a really fantastic, healthy treat. The kids will love the deep caramel flavour and you’ll love how good it is for them!
Makes about 2 cups of dip
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (soaked in water for a few hours)
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted (soaked in water for a few hours)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- sliced apples and pears for serving
Drain then rinse nuts and dates then tip into a food processor or blender. Add remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth.
Transfer to an airtight container or jar and keep in the fridge for no more than two weeks.
Serve with a little plate of thinly sliced apples and pears.
- Swap half of the macadamias with almonds for extra flavour!
- Serve this for dessert with a few toasted nuts and fresh dates, too.
- Spread over wholemeal banana bread for a yummy caramel snack.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.