Leftover roast lamb flatbreads recipe
Turn last night's lamb roast into tomorrow's lunch with these delicious filled flatbreads. They're finished off with a refreshing yoghurt dressing for a tasty twist on an old favourite.
- 1/2 cup (130g) natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh herbs (optional)
- 4 flatbreads
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups leftover roast lamb
In a small bowl, combine yoghurt with olive oil and herbs, if using. Season well.
Top flatbreads with spinach, a few cherry tomato halves and a handful of lamb.
Drizzle with yoghurt dressing. Fold or roll to encase filling.
- For the flatbread, you could choose Lebanese bread, tortillas, pita bread, souvlaki wraps or even naan bread.
- Pack the yoghurt in a separate container so the flatbread doesn't become soggy by lunchtime. It can easily be added just before eating.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.