Sausage kebabs recipe
Here's a fun way to serve sausages to the kids, with the added bonus of built-in vegetables to ensure a balanced meal they'll love to eat.
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium zucchini
- 500g chipolata sausages (approx. 16)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
Peel onion and slice into 8 wedges. Cut zucchini into 8 thick rounds. Thread a wedge of onion and a round of zucchini onto 8 bamboo skewers. Next, thread 2 chipolatas, bending them so the skewer pierces both ends of each sausage. Finally, top with a cherry tomato.
Lay the kebabs on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Brush or drizzle over olive oil and season well. Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure they are browned all over.
Serve with salad and some tomato sauce or chutney on the side.
- Choose whatever veggies you like for these kebabs. Capsicum, eggplant or sweet corn on the cob would all be great.
- You could cook these on the barbecue if you prefer. It would be best to soak the skewers for 20 minutes in water if you are going to cook these on the barbecue so the skewers don't catch alight.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Find related sausage recipes
- Bangers and mash
- Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
- Creamy curried sausages
- Curried sausages
- Italian sausage and rocket penne
- Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Sausage and mushroom pasta
- Sausage bake
- Sausage hotpot
- Sausage salad
- Sausages with spiralli
- Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta
- Yummy curried sausages