Red curry salmon recipe
The sweet, delicate flesh of salmon pairs beautifully with a mild Thai-style curry. Gently poach fresh salmon fillets in a red curry broth to create a delicious, flavoursome meal you'll make again and again.
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) fish stock
- 3 strips lemon peel
- 4 x 125g salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander, to serve
In a medium non-stick saucepan, cook curry paste for 1 minute over medium heat. Add coconut milk, stock and lemon peel. Combine well and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add salmon fillets and simmer for another 5 minutes or until cooked, turning carefully halfway through. Remove salmon and set aside.
Add lemon juice, sugar and fish sauce and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened. Taste for seasoning and adjust as required.
Serve salmon fillets with red curry sauce, steamed green vegetables, jasmine rice and fresh coriander.
- Skinless salmon fillets work best in this recipe.
- You could replace fish stock with vegetable or chicken stock if you prefer.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Find related thai recipes
- Thai beef salad with nam jim
- Beef skewers with peanut sauce
- Chicken cashew and hokkien noodle stir fry
- Chilli beef with choy sum
- Thai barbecued chicken recipe
- Thai chicken rice paper rolls
- Thai fish cakes
- Thai lentil and garlic soup
- Thai pumpkin soup
- Thai roasted tofu with ginger, basil and chilli vegetables
- Thai style beef salad
- Thai vegetable curry