A tzatziki recipe created for Kidspot .com.au. A creamy greek style tzatziki dip recipe full of fresh ingredients like yoghurt ,cucumbers, garlic and mint.
- 1 1/2 cups of Greek style yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 15 mint leaves, finely chopped
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours to develop flavours.
- This tzatziki is a great Greek dish that goes perfectly with lamb.
- It has simple fresh flavours that cut oily food with a nice acidic finish.
- It works as a great dip with crudites and can also be great poured over lamb or chicken kebabs.
- If this recipe is a little too wet you can strain it over a bowl in some clean muslin or a new Chux that has been rinsed in clean water.
- I find if the Tzatziki is best left overnight for the garlic flavours to develop.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.