Minty carrot, apple and ginger juice recipe
Nothing gets the blood moving like a fresh pick-me-up juice that’s packed full of vitamins. This easy to make juice combines the sweetness of fresh apples and carrots with the zinginess of ginger and mint. Delicious!
- 8 large carrots
- 2cm ginger, peeled
- 2 green apples, peeled and cored
- 1 mint sprig, stem removed
Juice each of the ingredients using a juicer into a jug.
Give the juice a quick stir before pouring into glasses and serving.
- Don’t go overboard with the ginger – any more than 1½ - 2cm of fresh ginger will give the juice an overwhelmingly ginger flavour.
- Depending on how juicy your apples and carrots are, you may need to adjust your ingredients accordingly to get the right flavour balance.
- I like to keep all my juice ingredients refrigerated so I actually end up with a cold juice I drink straightaway.
- This recipe makes one large glass of juice.
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.