Easy chicken and baked potato casserole recipe
This easy chicken and baked potato casserole is loaded with crumbly bacon and naughty cream. It's deliciously decadent and perfect comfort food.
- 6 medium washed potatoes, diced
- 2 chicken breast fillets, diced
- 6 rashers bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups (160g) cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
Step 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cmx 30cm baking dish and set aside. Layer these ingredients in this order: half of the potatoes, diced chicken, half of the bacon, one cup of cheese and half of the green onions. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
Step 2. Add the remaining potatoes, bacon, cheese and shallots. Season again. Pour cream evenly over the dish.
Step 3. Cover the entire dish with foil and bake for one hour covered.
Step 4. Remove foil and bake a further one hour. Serve with a fresh green salad.
- You can add 2 tbsp of seeded mustard to the cream for an extra dimension of flavour.
- Don't skip seasoning this recipe. It makes all the difference.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more casserole recipes
- Beef casserole
- Beef casserole with a hint of sweet
- Chicken and bacon casserole
- Chicken and pumpkin casserole
- Chilli pork and bean slow cooker casserole
- Easy beef casserole
- Easy chicken casserole
- Favourite lamb casserole
- Italian chicken casserole
- Lamb and bean casserole
- Lamb chop casserole
- Pork casserole with herb dumplings
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Tuna and rice casserole
- Italian beef and potato casserole