Mini bacon and pea frittatas recipe
These single-serve bacon and pea frittatas will be a hit at lunchtime. Cook them the night before and pack them into lunch boxes the next morning for a protein-packed playground meal.
- olive oil spray
- 2 rashers bacon, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup (80g) frozen peas
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 40g feta cheese
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Spray 6 holes of a 1/2 cup muffin tin with olive oil spray.
Cook bacon over medium heat in a non-stick frypan for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat, add peas and mint and stir to combine. Season well. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin.
Beat eggs. Spoon into muffin tin over bacon mixture. Dot the tops with crumbled feta.
Bake for 12-14 minutes until cooked through and lightly golden.
- If you don’t have any olive oil spray, brush muffin tin with a little oil or melted butter.
- Add grated tasty cheese instead of feta if preferred.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.