Chocolate lasagne recipe
This chocolate lasagne is layer upon layer of decadence with an Oreo base, cheesecake layer, chocolate pudding and cream. Make up a tray for your next gathering and watch it disappear.
- 42 Oreo Original cookies
- 1/2 cup (125g) butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (150g) pure icing sugar
- 2 x (100g) instant pudding, chocolate flavour
- 1.4 ltr milk
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Step 1. Lightly grease a 25cm x 33cm dish with butter on the base. Using a food processor, crush the Oreos and melted butter together, Press into the base of the baking dish. Place into the fridge.
Step 2. Using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Place mixture into the centre of the Oreo layer and, using a spoon, push from the centre to the outside of the dish until you have an even layer. Place back into the fridge.
Step 3. Place milk into a large bowl and sprinkle pudding mixture over the top. Mix for 1 minute or until totally combined. Pour onto the centre of the cheese layer and, using a spoon, push pudding to the outer edges until you have an even layer. Place back into the fridge.
Step 4. Using a mixer, whip cream until thick. Place into the centre of the pudding mixture and, using a spoon, push to the outer edges until you have an even layer. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- The dish I used is HUGE! You could easily halve this recipe and use a smaller dish or freeze half of this dessert for later.
- I placed a few mini Oreo's around the sides of the dish but this isn't really part of the recipe.
- I used the base of a glass to press the Oreo mixture into the base of the dish.
- 42 cookies is about three long sleeves or six half sleeves of Oreos.
- The pudding in this mixture will seem to be very runny at first but it firms up within minutes. You may need to pour it over your layer or leave it on the bench for 2-3 minutes until it becomes creamy.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.