Sausages with orange glaze recipe
Your midweek sausages will really shine with this sticky, citrussy orange glaze. The retro flavours are reminiscent of a traditional glazed Christmas ham and make a wonderful accompaniment to pork sausages.
- 3 oranges
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (45g) brown sugar
- 2 cloves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 600g pork sausages (6-8 sausages)
- 4 thyme sprigs
Preheat oven to 180°C (200°C fan-forced).
Zest and juice two oranges. Combine in a small saucepan with mustard, sugar and cloves. Simmer for 5 minutes until slightly reduced and syrupy.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frypan and cook sausages for 6 minutes, turning often until browned on all sides. Transfer to a small baking dish and pour over orange glaze. Slice remaining orange and layer over the top with thyme sprigs. Bake for 15 minutes, basting halfway through.
Serve with your choice of salad or vegetables.
- Choose good-quality, flavoursome pork sausages.
- You could also bake the sausages instead of frying them, then add the glaze partway through the cooking.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Find related sausage recipes
- Bangers and mash
- Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
- Creamy curried sausages
- Curried sausages
- Italian sausage and rocket penne
- Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Sausage and mushroom pasta
- Sausage bake
- Sausage hotpot
- Sausage salad
- Sausages with spiralli
- Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta
- Yummy curried sausages