Maple bacon popcorn recipe
Sweet, salty, crunchy and bacon-y. It’s a wacky combination, but it really works. Try out this maple bacon topping next time you hanker for a bowl of popcorn.
- 2 rashers of middle bacon, diced
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
Cook bacon in a non-stick frypan until crispy and golden. Remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper.
Heat coconut oil in a large lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Add corn and place the lid on. Shake the pan intermittently until the corn starts popping. When it has stopped popping, remove from heat. Add maple syrup and crispy bacon and stir to combine.
Pour into a large bowl and enjoy while still warm.
- You can use olive oil or vegetable oil instead of coconut oil, if you prefer.
- Alternatively, pop a packet of popcorn in the microwave and then transfer to a bowl before stirring through the bacon and maple syrup.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.