Lunch box pizza pinwheels recipe
These tasty little pizza-flavoured pinwheels couldn't be easier. Simply roll, slice, then pop in the oven for a delicious lunch box filler.
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry, defrosted
- 1/4 cup (250ml) pasta sauce or passata
- 1 cup (80g) grated pizza cheese
- 4 slices leg ham
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
Spread pastry with pasta sauce or passata. Sprinkle evenly with half the cheese. Place ham in a single layer on top of cheese. Finish with remaining cheese.
Beginning with the edge closest to you, roll pastry into a firm roulade. Slice the roll into 12 even pieces and place them flat on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden. Allow to cool slightly on the tray.
- These are delicious straight out of the oven, but are also lovely once cooled, so they make a fantastic lunch box filler.
- Try mixing up the ingredients - you could use salami instead of ham, or add some chopped pineapple.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.