Barbecued salmon with asparagus recipe
Here's a simple and delicious way to enjoy salmon, prepared with a minimum of fuss that allows the flavours of the fresh ingredients to shine through. Surprise your guests at your next weekend barbecue.
- 3/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets,125-150g each
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 lemon, wedges, to serve
- Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with herbs. Season well and set aside.
Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan over medium-high heat and spray with Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray. Season salmon fillets well. Cook skin side down for 4 minutes. Turn carefully and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until done to your liking. Set aside to rest.
Meanwhile, snap woody ends from asparagus. Brush with olive oil. Grill, turning regularly, for 4 minutes until tender.
Serve asparagus alongside salmon with mayonnaise and lemon on the side.
- We recommend Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray as it has no artificial flavours, added salt, colours or animal fats.
- You can also cook the salmon in a regular frypan, if you prefer.
- If you bend the asparagus from the woody end in an upwards motion it will snap the woody part off.
- This dish is excellent served at room temperature.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Directions for use for Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray:
- Hold can as upright as possible and spray surface of unheated cookware coating cooking area completely.
- Do not spray product onto naked flame or lighted BBQs.
- Do not spray into gas ovens, even when not lit.
Find related salmon recipes
- Asian salmon salad
- Baked salmon
- Baked salmon with leek and fennel
- Creamy smoked salmon pasta
- Creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle
- Family fish pie
- Salmon cakes
- Salmon filo pies
- Salmon fish fingers
- Salmon macaroni bake
- Salmon mornay
- Salmon sushi
- Salmon with chermoula potatoes
- Salmon with green salsa
- Salmon with miso noodle salad
- Salmon with zesty citrus salsa
- Salmon, corn and dill risotto