3-ingredient dukkah chicken recipe
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into something special with this scrumptious dukkah crust. They’re tender and juicy on the inside, crunchy and spicy on the outside, and all with only three ingredients and 15 minutes cooking time.
- 4 x 150g chicken breasts
- 125g labne (strained yoghurt cheese)
- 2 tbsp dukkah
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
Coat chicken breasts generously in the labne and then roll in the dukkah.
Place on an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes until just cooked through.
Serve sliced with a spinach salad or steamed green beans.
- Labne is a strained yoghurt cheese available from delis. You can make it yourself by straining natural yoghurt in a muslin square or new Chux cloth for several hours - the longer you leave it, the thicker it becomes. 200g yoghurt is enough to yield 125g labne - and 4 hours gave me the perfect consistency for this recipe.
- Dukkah is available from supermarkets. There are plenty of recipes available online if you would prefer to make your own.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken