Healthy chicken noodle salad recipe
This healthy chicken noodle salad will tick all the boxes for a delicious Asian-inspired dinner tonight. It is full of fresh flavours and healthy too.
- 1spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 400g chicken tenderloins
- 50g dried rice vermicelli
- 1 large carrot, sliced using a mandolin or potato peeler
- 1 celery stalk, finely sliced
- 1 telegraph cucumber, sliced using a mandolin or potato peeler
- 1/2 large red capsicum
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts (optional)
- oil spray
Place dressing ingredients in a jar and give a good shake to dissolve the sugar.
Place chicken tenderloins in half the dressing to marinate.
Cook rice noodles according to packet instructions.
Slice vegetables and mix together.
Heat a wok or non-stick frying pan on medium-high, spray with oil and add chicken tenderloins.
Cook for 2 minutes per side (all depending on how thick the chicken is) until cooked, spooning over left over marinade during the cooking process.
Remove the chicken to rest on a board for a couple of minutes.
Place rice noodles and salad in a bowl, pour over other half of dressing and top with chicken.
Sprinkle over peanuts.
- If you can’t find chicken tenderloins, buy skinless chicken breasts and slice them into 1cm slices.
- I used brown rice noodles because I like the texture and they have much more protein and fibre (all depending on the brand), but feel free to use any vermicelli you’ve got in the pantry.
- You can slice the vegetables how you like, but I like to make ribbons because it looks nice. If you can’t be bothered, just slice finely or grate.
- Use any vegetables you’ve got in the fridge.
- Feel free to add some chilli to the dressing if you’re lovers of heat.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad