Moroccan carrot fritters recipe
These Moroccan carrot fritters are just so tasty and good for you. The secret to getting the kids to eat them is to just serve them up. Once they taste them, they’ll be completely sold.
Serves 4 – Makes 12 fritters
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and roughly mashed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander stalks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 3 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil spray
- 8 tbsp low fat Greek yoghurt
- coriander leaves for garnish
Using your hands, squeeze as much moisture out of the grated carrot as possible.
Mix carrots, chickpeas, onion, coriander stalks, garlic, Moroccan seasoning, wholemeal flour and eggs together.
Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat and spray with vegetable oil.
Add quarter cups of the carrot mixture for each fitter to the frying pan and gently push down to flatten out slightly.
Cook for 3 minutes, spray top of fritters and gently flip to cook for a further 3 minutes.
Remove fritters from pan and serve with a dollop of yoghurt and some coriander leaves.
- By squeezing as much moisture out of the grated carrots as possible, you are avoiding 'soggy' fritters.
- If you don’t have Moroccan seasoning you can use 1 teaspoon each of cumin and turmeric, a little cinnamon and salt.
- A spritz of lemon or lime would be lovely. Add some salad if you like or a little bread on the side.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.