Sausage pot pies recipe
Who doesn't love a sausage pie? This yummy recipe uses up leftover chicken sausages, veggies and pastry to make cute pot pies that are great for a quick family dinner. Delish!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 8 leftover chicken sausages
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp caramelised onions
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with a little water to make a paste
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- steamed veggies and mashed potato to serve
Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and gently saute the celery and carrots until softened.
Add the sausages, wine, stock and caramelised onions and thyme. Stir to combine and simmer for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional or 160°C fan forced.
Stir in the cornflour paste to thicken the mixture. Simmer another 5 minutes.
Divide mixture among 8 ceramic dishes. Cut circles of pastry, place over the dishes. Brush pastry with beaten egg.
Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
Serve with steamed veggies and mashed potato.
- If using beef sausages, substitute beef stock for chicken stock and red wine for white wine.
- Ramekin dishes make cute mini pot pies to feed the kids. Use pastry scraps to personalise the pies with their initials.
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Alana at Housegoeshome and on Twitter.
Find related sausage recipes
- Bangers and mash
- Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
- Creamy curried sausages
- Curried sausages
- Italian sausage and rocket penne
- Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Sausage and mushroom pasta
- Sausage bake
- Sausage hotpot
- Sausage salad
- Sausages with spiralli
- Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta
- Yummy curried sausages