One pan chicken alfredo recipe
This One pan chicken alfredo recipe has a traditional garlic and cheesy flavoured sauce that is teamed up with chicken and penne. Make it today and you'll have more time to enjoy eating and less time washing up!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g diced chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 1 x 300ml carton pouring cream
- 250g penne pasta
- 2 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
Step 1. Gather all ingredients together.
Step 2. Heat olive in a frying pan over high heat and cook chicken until golden. Add garlic to the pan and cook for one minute.
Step 3. Pour water, cream, pasta and chicken stock powder into the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until the pasta is al dente. Take care to stir regularly so the pasta doesn't stick together. Taste and then season.
Step 4. Add freshly grated parmesan to the pan and stir through the sauce. Sprinkle parsley and stir through and grate some extra parmesan over the top. Serve.
- If this recipe gets a bit dry towards the end you can add some more water.
- Be careful adding salt to this dish as the stock powder is quite salty.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.