Baked eggs for dinner recipe
The kids will get a real kick out of eating this yummy breakfast dish for their evening meal. Serve baked eggs for dinner, and there'll be empty plates all round, guaranteed!
Serves 4 people
- 4 leaves kale, finely shredded
- 4 slices ham
- 4-8 eggs (1 or 2 per ramekin)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Grease 4 individual ramekins and set aside.
Place the kale in a small saucepan, cover with water and heat gently until the kale turns bright green and wilts. Drain the water and place kale on paper towel to dry.
Put 1 slice ham in the bottom of each ramekin, then crack 1-2 eggs on top of the ham. Sprinkle some kale and parmesan on top. Season with salt and pepper.
Place ramekins in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the egg whites are set and the yolk is cooked to your desired consistency.
Serve with buttered toast, sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes.
- Cut the toast into long strips, for dipping into the eggs.
- When serving little kids be careful as the ramekins will be very hot.
- This recipe was created by Meagan Wilson for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Meagan at This Whole Family.