Zucchini bake recipe
This delicious zucchini bake is full of healthy veggies and bacon and is a perfect light lunch with a side salad. Cut it into slices and pop it into lunchboxes for grown ups or bake it into muffins for an easy kids lunchbox solution.
- 3 zucchini, grated
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 slices shortcut bacon, diced
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- canola spray
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a quiche dish with canola spray.
Place all ingredients into a large bowl. Mix together until well combined.
Pour into quiche dish and spread evenly with a spoon.
Bake for 50-60 minutes until top is golden and the centre is set.
If using to make muffins, spoon into a greased muffin tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- These are healthy and nutritious!
- If you have kids that absolutely refuse to eat anything green, you can peel the zucchinis and they will never know they are in there.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.