No-bake Frozen birthday cake recipe
Do you want to make a Frozen birthday cake but baking is not your forte? Then this no bake castle cake from Frozen should be just what you are looking for!
25 - 30
- 1 large box Lamingtons (20 per box)
- 1 rectangular unfilled sponge (10cm x 20cm)
- 12 small jam rollettes + 1 for the stairs
- 1 large jam roll
- 2 x (450g) Betty Crocker vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup blue sugar crystals
- 5 waffle ice cream cones
- 1 cup (85g) desiccated coconut
- blue writing icing
You will also need:
- 1 30cm x 30cm cake board
- 12 long wooden skewers
- Frozen figurines
Step 1. Place Lamingtons in a rectangular pattern (4 x 5 Lamingtons) on the cake board and place the sponge cake on top towards the back.
Step 2. Coat both cakes in a thin layer of frosting.
Step 3. Place a stack of 3 rollettes on one corner of the lamingtons and skewers with 2 skewers to secure. Repeat on all corners. Trim 5cm from the base of the large jam roll and using a sharp knife, trim the top of the roll into a turret shape. Place the jam roll into the centre of the cake and push 3 skewers through to secure. Coat jam roll and rollettes with frosting.
Step 4. Coat 5 waffle cones with frosting and sprinkle with blue sugar crystals. Place on the top of rollette towers and the large jam roll.
Step 5. Trim 5mm lengths from the extra jam roll and place them on the cake as stairs. Coat with frosting.
Step 6. Using blue writing icing, add in the windows and door. Sprinkle with coconut and add figurines.
- The towers on this cake are quite high (3 jam rolls high) but if you need to transport this cake I only recommend that you make them 2 jam rolls high. They are hard to keep standing.
- Coating this cake with frosting is challenging but it is OK if it looks a bit rough as you can cover any mistakes with coconut.
- I used a slab of Lamingtons from the supermarket for this cake but you could always use this Large birthday mud cake if you wanted a home made cake.
- We used a ready-made frosting but you could easily replace it with 2-3 quantities of this buttercream icing.
- We bought the figurines at a discount store. You could replace the Frozen characters with any princess of your choice.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more Birthday Cake recipes:
- Balloon birthday cake
- Birthday cake recipes
- Bouncing balls birthday cake
- Chocolate owl birthday cake
- Chocolate-dipped strawberry flower birthday cake
- Cupcake tower birthday cake
- Dino birthday cake
- Easy lolly birthday cake recipe
- Flower pot birthday cake
- Handbag birthday cake
- Hollywood starlet birthday cake
- Ice cream cone birthday cake
- Island birthday cake
- Make-up compact birthday cake
- Marshmallow flower birthday cake
- Mermaid treasure birthday cake
- My Little Pony birthday cake
- Pirate ship birthday cake
- Princess birthday cake
- Simple marshmallow birthday cake recipe
- Soccer field birthday cake
- Spaceship birthday cake