Sizzler potato skins recipe
These crunchy and delicious Sizzler potato skins are just like the ones you buy in their restaurants and perfect to make at home when you just can't get there.
- 6 extra large sebago potatoes, scrubbed clean
- oil for deep frying
- 3 tbsp season all spice mix
Step 1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and place potatoes onto tray. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer passes firmly through the potato flesh. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
Step 2. Halve baked potatoes and scoop out cooked potato flesh, leaving about 3-4mm of potato on the skin.
Step 3. Slice skin into quarters.
Step 4. Heat oil for deep frying and fry potato skins until crispy. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle liberally with season all spice mix. Serve.
- I like to serve these with sour cream that has had some chives snipped into it.
- I used sebago potatoes but you could use large russet potatoes.
- Save the flesh from the potatoes for mashed potatoes, bubble and squeak or Shepherd's pie.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.