Crunchy lion sandwich recipe
Have your kids roaring for more with this awesome lion sandwich. With just a little bit of effort, and a spark of creativity, you can turn lunchtime into a fun - and tasty - event!
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread
- 3 slices of cheese
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced lengthways
- peel of 1/4 small cucumber
- 2 raisins
- 2 small, round slices of mild salami
Using the photo as a guide, cut the lion’s face from the wholemeal bread and the nose, forehead and mane shapes from the cheese.
Cut a nose tip from the carrot along with the carrot sticks for the plate decoration. Then cut some thin strands of cucumber peel to make the mouth.
Assemble the lion on a large plate, as per the photo, using raisins for the eyes and salami for the ears.
- Create a whole African safari scene on the plate with cherry tomatoes, grapes, sliced apple, celery, hummus and sliced mushrooms.
- You could also use the leftover cucumber to make some bushes.
- This recipe was created by Pip Lincolne for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.