Moonlight bunny sandwich recipe
This very sweet little bunny sandwich is a delicious friend to invite for lunch. Easy to make, and even easier to eat, it'll hop right off the plate!
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 slice of white bread
- peel of 1/2 small cucumber
- 1 slice of cheese
- 3 raisins
- some parsley leaves
Using the photo as a guide, cut the bunny's body, head and ears from the wholemeal bread.
Cut a circle of white bread for the tail. Then form some thin strands of cucumber peel to make the whiskers and moon’s mouth, along with the cucumber nose.
Cut some cute cheese feet for your bunny as well as a round shape for the moon.
Assemble the bunny on a large plate, using the raisins for eyes on both the moon and the bunny. Add some parsley leaves to create the bunny's garden.
- A scone cutter can help with the round shapes.
- If you like you could garnish the scene further with celery and some baby carrots.
- This recipe was created by Pip Lincolne for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.