3 ingredient mac and cheese recipe
This 3 ingredient mac and cheese is so simple and surprising. It's good old-fashioned comfort food to delight the kids and hungry grown-ups.
2 - 4 serves
- 4 cups (1L) full cream milk
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Step 1. Gather your three ingredients.
Step 2. Place milk into a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat, taking care not to boil over.
Step 3. Add the pasta and return to the boil, reduce heat to simmer for 8 minutes.
Step 4. Stir through grated cheese and leave to sit for 2 minutes. Serve.
- This mac and cheese is easy - but don't turn the heat up too high and burn it.
- The milk gives this a creamy starchy sauce and you can use your favourite cheese for this recipe.
- For an extra boost of flavour I add two teaspoons of chicken-style stock powder to this recipe. It gives it a lovely depth of flavour. You could also use Vegeta.
- You can add any number of things to this recipe for the last 5 minutes of cooking - cooked bacon pieces, frozen peas or even blanched broccoli.
- We also have a healthy mac and cheese recipe that is lower in fat.
- You can also beef up your mac and cheese meal with this one pot beefy macaroni.
- Bacon and leek macaroni cheese is a fancy version of mac and cheese.
- This meatball macaroni cheese is a hearty meal for the whole family.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.