Lemon, coriander and green olive hummus recipe
This tasty dip is an easy one to whip up for a barbecue or a quick snack with crunchy crudites or crackers. Yummo.
- 200g dried chickpeas, soaked in water overnight
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 50g sesame seeds
- 8 pitted green olives
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Drain the chickpeas, put them in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until soft. Drain
Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, garlic, sesame seeds and 170ml water in a blender, in that order, and secure the lid. Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to High. Run for 30 seconds or until smooth, stopping and using a wodden spoon to push the ingredients into the blades. Add a little extra water if needed.
With the machine still running, remove the lid plug and add the olives and coriander and season with salt and pepper. Continue to run for 8 - 10 seconds or until finely chopped and well mixed, then serve.
- Serve with a sprinkle of finely chopped fresh coriander on top and a squeeze of lemon.
- This recipe was created by Vitamix.