Creamy coconut and pineapple popsicles recipe
These Creamy coconut and pineapple popsicles are the perfect way to cool down on a hot day. They taste totally divine and are healthy too. Bonus!
Makes 6 popsicles
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 150g silken tofu
- 3/4 cup (180ml) coconut cream
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 small pineapple, cored and diced
- 3 tbsp apple juice concentrate
You will also need:
- Plastic popsicle moulds
Place the chia seeds into a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Drape a clean tea towel over the top to keep the heat in. Set aside until the seeds turn into a gel-like consistency.
Put the tofu, coconut cream, coconut essence and honey into a medium size saucepan, and bring to a gentle simmer while stirring with a wooden spoon.
Take the saucepan off the heat and carefully transfer mixture to a blender, pulsing several times until the mixture is well blended.
Pour the mixture evenly into the popsicle moulds, but only fill halfway.
Briefly rinse the blender to remove any milky residue. Place the diced pineapple, apple juice concentrate and chia gel into the blender and blend well.
Pour this mixture on top of the coconut mixture to fill up the popsicle moulds.
Freeze overnight or until set.
- You can easily modify this recipe to make chocolate popsicles. Just omit the coconut essence, pineapple and apple juice concerntrate and replace with 1/4 cup cocoa and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Pop all the ingredients into a saucepan before transferring to the blender and then into the moulds.
- For extra texture you can add chunks of fruit to the moulds before you freeze them.
- These Creamy orange popsicles, are made with yoghurt and are just as yummy!
- This Caramel banana frozen yoghurt uses just 3 ingredients, and is totally delicious.
- Make your own Paddle Pops at home with this recipe for Homemade chocolate popsicles. The kids will never know that they aren't the real deal.
- Nothing says summer, like a bowl of Fruity gelato. It's much easier to make than you think.
- These Ice cream sandwiches are a cinch to put together, and they are guaranteed to make the kids grin from ear to ear.
- This mango coconut granita is a lovely freshing way to end a summer meal.
- Looking for a healthy frozen treat? Try these Watermelon pops that the whole family can enjoy.
- This Homemade cookies and cream ice cream, is even better than the shop bought variety.
- Blow your mind, with this One-ingredient ice cream. So simple, yet utterly mouth-watering.
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Katie at Katie180