One pan chicken and sage dinner recipe
When you have to get dinner on in a hurry, then this one pan chicken and sage dinner is your friend. It uses chicken breasts, no-peel potatoes and snap frozen vegetables all in one pan. Does it get any easier?
- 4 small (1kg) chicken breasts
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 Ruby Lou potatoes (or any washed potatoes)
- 1kg garden mixed frozen vegetables (we used a mix of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and beans)
- 2 lemons (one to squeeze over and one to serve on the side).
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
Step 1. Line a baking dish with baking paper and place chicken breasts into the centre. Drizzle with olive oil.
Step 2. Dice potatoes into cubes and add them to the pan on one side of the chicken. Pour still-frozen vegetables into the pan on the other side of the chicken. Season well with freshly cracked salt and pepper and drizzle generously with olive oil. Squeeze lemon over the pan and scatter sage leaves over the top.
Step 3. Seal pan with foil tightly over the top.
Step 4. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Remove foil and bake a further 20 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
- We made this recipe with fresh sage and lemon but there is no reason why you can't choose your own favourite herbs, whether they are fresh or dried. You can use bottled lemon juice or a dash of balsamic vinegar in place of the lemon.
- This recipe serves 4 people but you can easily expand this meal to feed a crowd.
- If you are loking for a simple chicken dish then this 3-ingredient dukkah chicken is delicious.
- Using chicken breasts and fresh salad ingredients will have this Bang bang chicken on the table quickly.
- If you love Indian flavours then this Cheat's chicken biryani packs a punch.
- If you love risotto then Chicken and barley risotto has a rich delicious texture.
- Feeding a crowd will never be easier than if you cook this Chicken and pumpkin pasta bake.
- Pasta is perfect for a hungry family and this Chicken and mushroom carbonara has a lovely creamy sauce.
- Little ones love chicken nuggets but you can make your own at home with this Chicken strips recipe.
- You can make a fantastic lunch with these Chicken wraps with mango and avocado salsa.
- Fresh flavous are perfect for summer and this Chicken mango and coriander salad is perfect picnic food.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken