White chocolate bark recipe
One of the easiest, and yes, yummiest things you'll make this Christmas - this bark makes a great Christmas treat and, when bagged up and tied with string, an easy present for friends and teachers.
- 12 Oreo biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup (160g) Smarties
- 450g white chocolate
Step 1. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Bash the Oreos and pretzels up a bit with a rolling pin then combine in a bowl with the Smarties.
Step 2. Break the chocolate up into small pieces and place in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melted (stir every now and then so the chocolate doesn’t catch and burn at the bottom).
Step 3. Fold the melted chocolate through the biscuit mixture and spread out on the prepared tray so mixture is about 1.5cm thick then pop in the fridge for an hour or so, or until completely set.
Step 4. Break bark up into uneven shards and either serve, keep in an airtight container until needed/wanted or divide between clear plastic bags and give away as sweet little presents.
- Swap the white chocolate for milk, dark, or use all three and swirl together for a marbled effect.
- You can add pretty much any sweet or biscuit to this mix; it's really just a matter of your preference! Bashed up candy canes would also be great, and we've also tried this with tiny boiled sweets too.
- This 2 ingredient Tim Tam bark is another super-easy bark to make with the kids.
- If you like jelly beans then this Jelly bean Easter bark could be shaped into Christmas baubles and given as gifts.
- These Tiny Teddy Santa sleigh lollies are a fun cooking activity to make at Christmas with your family.
- These cute Reindeer cupcakes use pretzel and Jaffas for Rudolph's nose.
- If you are looking for a simple homemade dessert for kids then this Christmas Yule log is the perfect buffet dessert. We topped them with sweet little snowmen made from ready-made chocolates.
- These Christmas tree cupcakes are a delicious take-along addition to any party and very easily shared with friends.
- These Christmas snowflake biscuits are a lovely homemade gift for teachers and friends. They are decorated with pretty glitter decorations.
- These sweet Christmas gingerbread reindeer are a delicious gift to bake and give at Christmas. You can place them in cellophane bags and tie with a ribbon.
- These Cranberry and pistachio biscotti are a delicious and sophisticated homemade gift.
- These Christmas crackles are also a fun cooking activity for kids. You can make them in mini cupcake sizes. They look like tiny Christmas puddings.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook or Pinterest.