Veggie-packed beef burgers recipe
You can make this large batch of delicious vegetable-packed burger patties and freeze what you don't need for later. They are a great freezer standby and these sweet, moist burger patties will have the kids asking for more.
- 2 kg minced beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, finely grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large green apple, grated
- 1 cup (about 1 bunch) parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
You will also need:
- burger buns
Step 1. Place all patty ingredients into a bowl and mix together well using your hands.
Step 2. Form into burger patties and set aside the ones you need today. Place the remaining patties into resealable bags, separating each patty with baking paper.
Step 3. Heat a grill or frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking oil. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes per side. Do not overcook or they will be dry.
Step 4. Place patties into burger buns with salad ingredients and add your favourite condiments.
- You can easily halve this recipe but in the interest of having a second meal easily ready we opted to double the meat quantity. We doubt you want half an onion and carrot hanging around.
- You can add 2 tsp of chilli flakes to this recipe for a bit of kick but be careful when serving these to children.
- If you are looking for a gourmet version of these burgers then you can place a ball of cream cheese and chives mix into the centre of each patty and cook as per our instructions.
- You can skip using these as burgers and roll them into meatballs if you like. They are perfect meatball served with tomato and sweet chilli sauces.
- If you are looking for a meat-free alternative you can make these delicious Lentil burgers for the family.
- If you are looking for a tiny burger for small hands then these Mini burgers are perfect.
- You can barbecue these Mini lamb burgers for your next birthday party.
- If you want to skip the beef then these Satay chicken burgers are a great alternative.
- Coucous is the main ingredient in these Vegetarian burgers with couscous.
- You can feed the grown-ups these tasty Spring lamb burgers.
- You can give your burgers a tasty Mexican twist with these Tex-Mex bean burgers.
- If you love cheese then these Cheeseburgers are the perfect burger.
- You can make these Double burgers if you love your burgers extra meaty.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.