Oreo spider cupcakes recipe
Make your Halloween creepy with these Oreo spider cupcakes. Get the kids to help with the decorating and make a big batch of spider cupcakes for trick or treat this year.
- 1/2 cup (125g) butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup (170g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- chocolate icing
- black writing icing
- white writing icing
- licorice straps (each 4cm of strap cut into eight spider legs)
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add milk and self-raising flour. Mix until just combined.
Spoon into patty cases and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
Ice each cupcake with plenty of chocolate icing. Now get one Oreo cookie per cupcake and open it up. Use the white writing icing to 'glue' each spider leg to the bottom half of the Oreo (see video) then use another dab of white writing icing to 'glue' the Oreo lid back on.
Use black and white writing icing to make the spider's eyes.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.