Chicken parcels recipe
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ½ BBQ chicken, diced
- ½ cup cream
- 250g bacon, diced and cooked
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sheets pre-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Cook rice as per directions on packet.
Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large bowl add rice, diced chicken, cream, bacon, cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
Cut the pastry sheets in half, diagonally. Spoon mixture evenly onto each pastry half, and then brush edges with egg and press together into a triangle shape
Flute edges if desired.
Brush each parcel with egg and cut slits with a knife.
Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- If you don’t want to use BBQ chicken, you can cook and then dice two chicken breasts.
- These are delicious dipped in a little tomato sauce.