Wholesome breakfast smoothie recipe
The kids will love this wholesome breakfast smoothie - especially those who aren't keen on a big brekkie. This liquid meal is packed to brim with nutritious ingredients and will keep them full and satisfied until recess.
Makes 1 tall smoothie
- 4 dried apricots
- 2 dried dates, seeds removed
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk
- 1 small banana
- If you're making this smoothie for a fussy toddler you could use half almond milk and half full cream dairy milk to give it a creamier taste.
- If the chia seeds make the smoothie too bulky, just add some extra milk or water.
- Sometimes you need a little bit of extra help to entice the kids; that's why this Banana smoothie with Milo is so popular.
- Got a bub in the house? Whip up a serve of Baby's first smoothie, and she'll be begging you for more!
- Packed full of vitamins and minerals, this Sunshine breakfast smoothie will appeal to the whole family.
- Get on the superfood bandwagon with a Strawberry quinoa smoothie. It makes the perfect after school snack.
- This Nutty pear and chocolate smoothie is a great dessert alternative, especially on a warm day.
- Looking for a diet-friendly smoothie? Look no further than this creamy but light Blackberry and peach smoothie.
- For a hit of veggie goodness, nothing beats this fantastic Green smoothie. What a colour!
- Send them off to school with the right fuel. This Brainy breakfast smoothie is as good as it gets.
- For an interesting twist on a traditional smoothie, you must try this Raspberry and coconut smoothie bowl.
- These Smoothie freezer packs will help you get breakfast ready in a flash when you're running short of time.
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Katie at Katie180.