Halloween Jack Skellington cupcakes recipe
Remember Jack Skellington, the hero from Tim Burton’s movie, Nightmare Before Christmas? Make your Halloween party table extra spooky this year with some Jack Skellington cupcakes.
- 12 basic vanilla cupcakes (see recipe here)
- 1 quantity buttercream icing (see recipe here)
- 1 tube black writing icing
- 1 pkt (240g) 2 Metres of Black Licorice straps
Spread each cupcake with icing.
Now use a toothpick to hollow out two eye sockets in the white icing.
Fill the eye sockets with black writing icing. Use the toothpick to smooth it out.
Cut small single strips of licorice from the thick strap. Use one 5cm piece for Jack’s mouth and two small 2cm pieces for his nose.
Add vertical lines across his mouth using the black writing icing and a toothpick.
- Any licorice sticks will do. Just cut them to size with a sharp knife.
- These Halloween witches hats are filled with a cute surprise.
- Keep the dentist AND the kids happy with these chompy Halloween teeth.
- These Fairy wands are for the GOOD witch in your house unless you switch the colours to black and orange.
- These Halloween Band aid biscuits just look icky and will have your guests grossed out in no time.
- Looking for something to make you squirm? How about a cupcake that is looking right back at you like these Halloween eyeball cupcakes.
- They are creepy and crawly and a little bit scary but these Red back spider biscuits are also delicious.
- These scary Watermelon fangs will have you shaking in your boots with watermelon juice dripping from your vampire grin.
- These Halloween severed finger biscuits are creep and kooky and best of all they taste delicious.
- If you have carved your pumpkin and have lots of leftover pulp then these Halloween pumpkin cupcakes are for you.
- You can have these delicious Halloween fangs on the party table in no times and they are deliciously filled with peanut butter.
- Want some icky worms in dirt for your party table? These Halloween jelly worms are perfect.
- Get some ghoulish party fare on the table with these Tombstone cupcakes.
- A healthy Halloween snack could not be easier than this bright Veggie skeleton dip platter.
- Those little cackling witches will fall in love with these Cheesy pretzel broomsticks.
- Get out the fake spider webs and spread them around these delicious Oreo spider cupcakes.
- This recipe was created by Penny Flanagan for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder: