Halloween Jack’o’Lantern cupcakes recipe
Looking for a way to jazz up your Halloween party table this year? Nothing says, “Halloween” like a Jack’o’Lantern. So put some on your cupcakes!
- 12 basic vanilla cupcakes (see recipe here)
- 1 quantity buttercream icing (see recipe here)
- red food colouring
- yellow food colouring
- black writing icing
Add a few drops of yellow and red food colouring to the buttercream icing until you get a nice orange colour.
Spread each cupcake with orange icing.
Now use the black writing icing to draw Jack’o’Lantern faces onto each cupcake.
- Let the kids help with the cake decorating but don’t stress about having perfect looking Jack’o’Lantern faces.
- If the black writing icing is stiff in the tube just hold the tube in your hand for a minute or two to soften it up.
- These Halloween witches hats are filled with a cute surprise.
- Keep the dentist AND the kids happy with these chompy Halloween teeth.
- These Fairy wands are for the GOOD witch in your house unless you switch the colours to black and orange.
- These Halloween Band aid biscuits just look icky and will have your guests grossed out in no time.
- Looking for something to make you squirm? How about a cupcake that is looking right back at you like these Halloween eyeball cupcakes.
- They are creepy and crawly and a little bit scary but these Red back spider biscuits are also delicious.
- These scary Watermelon fangs will have you shaking in your boots with watermelon juice dripping from your vampire grin.
- These Halloween severed finger biscuits are creep and kooky and best of all they taste delicious.
- If you have carved your pumpkin and have lots of leftover pulp then these Halloween pumpkin cupcakes are for you.
- You can have these delicious Halloween fangs on the party table in no times and they are deliciously filled with peanut butter.
- Want some icky worms in dirt for your party table? These Halloween jelly worms are perfect.
- Get some ghoulish party fare on the table with these Tombstone cupcakes.
- A healthy Halloween snack could not be easier than this bright Veggie skeleton dip platter.
- Those little cackling witches will fall in love with these Cheesy pretzel broomsticks.
- Get out the fake spider webs and spread them around these delicious Oreo spider cupcakes.
- This recipe was created by Penny Flanagan for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder: