Yoghurt chocolate bananamisu recipe
No cooking, no baking! A scrummy cheat's dessert that is so delish, no one will ever know you took so many shortcuts. You must try this yoghurt chocolate bananamisu asap - we're not sure who will love it more; you or the kids! Creamy, crunchy AND fruity. Yum!
- 2 cups (520g) Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (200g) granola (homemade or store bought)
- 12 store bought chocolate chip cookies
- 2 cups (250g) store bought banana bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125g) frozen mixed berries
- 1 large banana, sliced
- extra cookie for crushed topping
You will also need:
- 4 x 125ml jars or 1 x 500ml jar, for serving
Place yoghurt, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix well.
Place granola in a medium bowl. Roughly crush cookies with your hands and add to the granola. Mix well.
Follow this layering method four times over for individual jar serves (divide all ingredients into four) or once for the large jar:
Start by swiftly dipping the banana bread cubes in the orange juice and placing in the bottom of the jar. Spoon yoghurt on top and spread it evenly. Top with the granola mix. Spoon more yoghurt on top and smooth the surface with a spoon. Garnish with frozen berries, banana slices and crushed cookie crumb.
- You can use low-fat Greek yoghurt if you like.
- Try using fresh fruit instead of frozen fruit - apple or pears will be as delicious as the berries.
- If you're looking for an easy dessert to impress the family, it doesn't get simpler than than this 2 ingredient Nutella cake.
- These insanely easy Banana fritters can be whipped together in just a few minutes.
- Need something yummy to have with your morning cuppa, but don't have time to bake? This Cake in a mug recipe is just what you're looking for. But be warned; it's highly addictive.
- This 3 ingredient golden syrup pudding is the best way to satisfy your sweet tooth, without too much effort.
- This Cheaty lemon meringue pie will ensure you reach dessert heaven with a minimum of kitchen fuss.
- Take the stress out of baking, and don't bake at all! This No bake cheesecake is just what you've been waiting for.
- In just 10 minutes, you can sink your teeth into these mouth-watering Salted caramel tarts.
- This 2 ingredient strawberry pie will leave the entire family licking their lips and asking for more. Easy-as!
- For a dessert that is more fruit than anything else, try these White chocolate raspberries and you'll never look back.
- This recipe was created by Sneh Roy for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sneh at Cook Republic.