Corn and cheese savoury muffins recipe
These versatile corn and cheese savoury muffins, are the perfect snack for when you're out-and-about. They are delicious for the lunch box, and make a great breakfast too! What's not to love about these 'eat anywhere' bites?
Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 200g jar of sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely diced
- 1 small red onion, diced finely
- 1 x large tin (375g) corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup and 1 tbsp (100g) butter, melted
- 12 cubes (2cm x 2cm) tasty cheese, plus extra 1/4 cup tasty cheese, grated (for topping)
- If packing for a lunch box, slice the muffin in half and spread with a bit of butter and maybe a slice of ham or fresh tomato.
- This muffin would make a lovely light lunch for Mum accompanied by a mixed leaf salad.
- For another savoury muffin you can eat any time of the day, give these tasty Feta and spinach muffins a go.
- The kids will never know that these Sneaky pumpkin muffins are so good for them. They're just prefect for lunch boxes.
- These Cheesy bacon and corn muffins make a great 'eat on the run' kind of breakfast, for busy families.
- Sized just right for little hands, these Mini banana muffins with yoghurt topping will be a big hit with toddlers.
- For afternoon tea, nothing beats a traditional Orange poppyseed muffin served with a nice hot cup of tea.
- These Invisible apple muffins are great for fussy kids who have an aversion to fruit. They'll never know if you don't tell them!
- These Pear, blueberry and almond muffins promise a flavour combination you just won't be able to get enough of!
- For a fast after school snack, these Quick mini choc chip muffins will do the trick.
- These Wholemeal, raspberry and walnut muffins are sweetened with honey and are a lot healthier than you think.
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Katie at Katie180.