Chocolate chia cubes recipe
Got a chocolate craving? Next time your sweet tooth starts crying out for something yummy, give these chocolate chia cubes a go. Made with spelt and chia seeds, not only will you satisfy your chocolate craving, but you'll get a good hit of healthy wholegrains too!
Makes 18 cubes
- 100g bar Lindt Excellence milk chocolate
- 100g bar Lindt Excellence 70% cocoa chocolate
- 100g coconut oil
- 1 cup puffed spelt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (white or black)
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut to decorate (optional)
You will also need:
- 2 ice cube trays
- If you can’t find puffed spelt then try any of the smaller puffed grains: rice, millet, quinoa. But bigger grains like kamut or corn would crowd out the chocolate.
- Why not individually wrap these in some sandwich paper, twisted at the ends to look like a boiled sweet for a special addition to the lunch or snack box?
- If you love your choccie treats to contain a little bit of extra hidden goodness, this moist Chocolate beetroot cake will definitely be to your liking.
- Looking for a yummy dessert to satisfy a crowd of kids? This layered Chocolate lasagne promises to be a huge hit.
- This adult's only Best-ever chocolate pudding is a great way to finish off a dinner party. Just keep any leftovers away from the kids!
- Take a traditional Anzac biscuit and it turn into an irresisitble chocolate surprise with this recipe for Anzac brownies.
- This No bake chocolate cheesecake means that you don't need to be anywhere near an oven to get your homemade chocolate fix.
- Great for parties, this recipe for Chocolate dipped apple slices will ensure the kids get a serve of fruit with their chocolate.
- Keep a jar of these Healthy chocolate power balls in the fridge, for those times when you're really hankering for something sweet.
- This Low-fat chocolate cake is perfect for when you're watching your waistline, but don't want to miss out on all the fun!
- Make your own morning pastries with this recipe for Banana and chocolate parcels. Every single bite will utterly delight you.
- Looking for a way to sneak extra veggies into your kids' diet? Look no further than these moist Zucchini brownies. So yum!
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Katie at Katie180.