3 ingredient Christmas cake recipe
This Christmas cake has just three ingredients! It is super-easy and it's perfect for cooking with the kids or when you are on a budget.
- 1kg dried fruit with glace cherries
- 3 cups (750mls) chocolate milk
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
Step 1. Place dried fruit in a bowl and pour over chocolate milk. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Step 2. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper and set aside. Sift self-raising flour over the soaked fruit and stir the mixture until combined.
Step 3. Pour mixture into lined tin and place in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
Step 4. Check the oven each hour to make sure that the top isn't burning. If you think it will burn then make a cartouche (ring of baking paper) and place on top of the cake and continue to cook until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- You can also make this recipe using iced coffee flavoured milk.
- I added some extra glace cherries to the top of this cake for decoration. You could also use blanched almonds in the same way.
- If you want a more traditional Christmas cake recipe then this Christmas fruit cake will do the trick.
- You can make this Christmas shortbread if you really like Christmas baking.
- If you like chocolate then these Christmas tree brownies are a delicious Christmas table treat.
- If you want a Christmas savoury treat then this Christmas tree pizza is an easy dinner with part pizazz.
- If you need a plate to take along to a Christmas party then this Christmas tree cheese platter is perfect.
- You can make this cute Christmas Yule log for your Christmas table and your guests won't even know it's a cheaty trick recipe.
- You can take this Cupcake Christmas tree to your Christmas party. It is super easy.
- You can make these Christmas gingerbread families if you love gingerbread. You can get the kids to help you decorate them.
- These Christmas Royals are made from store-bought biscuits withh added touches to make them Christmassy.
- If you need something cool you can make these Christmas angel ice creams for the kids.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.