Wholemeal apricot and coconut cake recipe
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup hot milk (or soy milk)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- ¾ cup coconut
Combine apricots, milk and honey in a bowl. Cover and stand 1 hour.
Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
Grease a 14cm x 21 cm loaf pan, line base with baking paper.
In a bowl, stir the egg, sifted flour and ½ cup of the coconut into the apricot mixture.
Spread mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
Bake for approx. 1 hour.
Stand cake in pan 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
- This cake is like a healthy version of Apricot Delight and still delicious!
- This makes a wonderful cake to bundle up in baking paper & stick into lunchboxes for kids. It will keep their energy levels up – you could even add a ¼ cup chopped walnuts for added energy and crunch.
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for
’s best recipe finder. Kidspot, New Zealand