Ham and Tropical Gold Pineapple Melt recipe
A quick and easy lunch or snack idea. If you don't have red pepper pesto, try replacing it with your favorite relish or pickle. Experiment - have fun!
- 1 loaf Turkish, focaccia, or your favourite bread
- 2 tsp red pepper pesto or relish
- 250 g mozzarella, sliced thinly
- 8 slices shaved ham
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ Dole Tropical Gold pineapple, cut into wedges
- basil leaves for garnish
Cut the bread into large pieces; then cut each piece in half.
Place cut side up under a preheated grill and grill until golden brown.
Spread each piece with red pepper pesto or relish. Top with mozzarella, ham, red onion slices, and pineapple wedges. Place another slice of mozzarella on top of the pineapple.
Grill until the cheese has melted and is slightly golden.
Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.
- This recipe was bought to you by Dole.
Find more Delicious Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple recipes:
- Pineapple and peanut slaw
- Roast pork loin with pineapple and pecan stuffing
- Pineapple, bacon and spinach salad
- Thai chicken and pineapple curry
- Sticky pineapple chicken drums
- Pineapple, paw paw and banana smoothie
- Pineapple tarte tatin
- Pineapple and paw paw salsa
- Pineapple and carrot cake
- Pineapple compote