Spiced Pineapple Compote recipe
The marriage of pineapple and star anise is divine. Add the ginger, cinnamon and vanilla and the combination is sensational.
- 1 just ripe pineapple, skin cut off
- 1 inch ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken
- Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 3 star anise
- Peel of 1 lemon (without the white pith), sliced into thin strips
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 cup sugar
Cut pineapple into quarters lengthways and slice off tough inner core. Slice pineapple 1cm thick.
Place in a saucepan with remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, uncovered, to allow flavours to infuse.
Serve hot or cold with yoghurt or ice cream.
- This recipe was bought to you by Dole.
Find more Delicious Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple recipes:
- Pineapple and peanut slaw
- Roast pork loin with pineapple and pecan stuffing
- Pineapple, bacon and spinach salad
- Thai chicken and pineapple curry
- Sticky pineapple chicken drums
- Ham and pineapple melt
- Pineapple, paw paw and banana smoothie
- Pineapple tarte tatin
- Pineapple and paw paw salsa
- Pineapple and carrot cake