Pineapple, prawn and lemongrass stir-fry with basil recipe
This dish is surprisingly quick and easy and very handy if you have basil on hand and a bag of frozen prawns in the freezer. Make sure you thaw the prawns thoroughly and dry them on paper towel before frying.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 3-4 dozen raw prawns, shelled
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
- ½ a pineapple, skin cut off, chopped
- Large handful basil leaves
Heat oil in a large fry pan or wok.
Add garlic, lemongrass and prawns, stir fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes until prawns are just about cooked.
Add remaining ingredients, except basil leaves, and continue to cook a further few minutes until hot through.
Turn off the heat and toss through the basil.
Serve hot with steamed rice.
- This recipe was bought to you by Dole.
Find more Delicious Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple recipes:
- Pineapple and peanut slaw
- Roast pork loin with pineapple and pecan stuffing
- Pineapple, bacon and spinach salad
- Thai chicken and pineapple curry
- Sticky pineapple chicken drums
- Pineapple, paw paw and banana smoothie
- Pineapple tarte tatin
- Pineapple and paw paw salsa
- Ham and pineapple melt
- Pineapple and carrot cake
- Pineapple compote