Lamb and corn couscous recipe
When you're making a roast lamb dinner for the family, you can easily whip up a baby-friendly version with this lamb and corn couscous recipe. Now that's how you feed the WHOLE family with one meal. Easy as!
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup creamed corn
- 1 small lamb chop or small slice of roast lamb
In a small saucepan, bring the water, oil and salt to boil. Pour in the couscous and stir. Remove from heat and cover – leave for around 3 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
Swirl in butter and return to low heat, stirring until mixed and no longer lumpy.
Remove from heat and stir in creamed corn.
Using a fine grater, grate the piece of lamb and sprinkle over the top of the couscous. Serve immediately.
- If you’d prefer to use fresh corn, cook a single corn on the cob in boiling water for 10 minutes or until cooked. Cut kernels from the cob and either puree with a dash of milk, or for a lumpier version crush corn with a fork.
- You can replace the corn with mashed pumpkin for another flavour, if you prefer.
- Looking for more ways to feed the entire family with just ONE meal? This Easy beef casserole will do the trick!
- For dessert, every member of the family from big to small, will devour this Baked custard with gusto.
- These Homemade teething rusks are great for babies who are cutting new teeth, and are so much nicer than what you can buy in the shops.
- Does your little one suffer from constipation? Some Stewed prunes could be just what the doctor ordered.
- This Fruity chicken and rice recipe is great for babies who are ready to try some lumpier food.
- Yummy served either hot or cold, these French toast soldiers make a great take-anywhere-snack.
- Forget the shop-bought stuff packed with additives, this Homemade yoghurt is just as delish, and much better for them.
- This Beetroot and chickpea dip is totally nutritious and the bright colour makes it irresistible to the tiny folk.
- Start their day with a bang! Serve up a bowl of Banana, yoghurt and honey porridge and watch that little face light up.
- Spoil your baby with this lip-smacking Weet-Bix custard. So delish you'd better make a little bit extra!
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham from The Happy Home. You can see her on Facebook, find her on Twitter and see her lovely boards on Pinterest.