Broccoli, pea and potato puree recipe
Is your bub a little apprehensive when it comes to eating broccoli? This delish broccoli, pea and potato puree should change all that! Try it tonight and you may be pleasantly surprised.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
Stove top method
Place potato and broccoli in a medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil on medium-high heat, and then simmer on medium for 10 minutes or until cooked. Add frozen peas after 7 minutes.
Strain most of the water (leave about a tablespoon) and place in a blender. Puree until smooth, and serve.
Place potato and broccoli in a microwave-safe container. Cover with cling wrap, leaving a corner uncovered. Cook on high for 2 minutes, add peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until soft and cooked through.
Puree in a blender and serve.
- You can use fresh peas instead of frozen - just cook them for the same amount of time as the potato and broccoli.
- If you have used frozen peas, any leftover puree should not be frozen. Only freeze leftovers if you have used fresh peas.
- If your bub is a lover of bright green food, this Pea and zucchini puree will be a welcome sight on the dinner table.
- This tasty Sweet corn and avocado puree has a lovely soft green hue. And it's the perfect blend of savoury and sweet!
- Give your bub a hit of protein AND fruit, with this healthy Red egg recipe.
- Treat your little one to a culinary delight with Baby's first apricot chicken - so delish you might want to dig into a bowl yourself!
- These Baby bacon and spinach frittatas are perfect for littlies who are ready to start biting and chewing food.
- Got a bub with constipation issues? These Stewed prunes will sort that out quick smart.
- You'll be the hero of the house when you serve up this Banana pudding. Yummy enough for the whole family to enjoy.
- No more bland porridge! This Apple and raspberry porridge is a tasty way to get your baby's day started.
- Surprisingly easy and totally yum, this Weet-Bix custard will leave your bub grinning from ear to ear.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham from The Happy Home. You can see her on Facebook, find her on Twitter and see her lovely boards on Pinterest.