Healthy Nutella bites recipe
These healthy Nutella bites have no Nutella but all the flavour of Nutella without the added sugar. We have used medjool dates and hazelnut meal for a deliciously healthy snack.
- 2 cups hazelnut meal
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp milk (almond milk, oat or regular cow's milk)
Step 1. Place all ingredients into a food processor.
Step 2. Process until well combined.
Step 3. Roll into tablespoon-sized balls.
Step 4. Refrigerate until firm.
- You can use whole hazelnuts in this recipe. You will just have to process the mixture for longer.
- If you want to add a coating to these you can use desiccated coconut, cocoa powder or even 100's and 1000's.
- If you don't have these ingredients you can always try these Date balls for a sweet treat.
- If you are looking for an extra nutritional boost in your day you may want to pack some of these Healthy chocolate power balls in your lunch box.
- If you like nutty flavours them these Peanut butter protein balls will you a great boost of energy.
- These Peppermint cherry Christmas balls are a fun sweet treat and a great gift to make and give at Christmas.
- You can get the kids cooking at home with this easy Homemade bliss balls recipe.
- If you are looking for a treat at Christmas then both these Snow balls and Almond snowballs will look great on your Christmas table.
- If you like crunch in your snack then these Crispy Mars Bar balls have fantastic texture and that delicious Mars Bar flavour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.