Paleo zucchini slice recipe
This scrumptious Paleo zucchini slice is packed full of flavour, healthy veggies and best of all, is completely paleo.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2-3 large zucchini (about 500g) coarsely grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 250g rindless bacon, diced
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil or butter
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- cracked pepper
- butter for greasing
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington tin or large serving dish and set aside.
Beat eggs in a large bowl until combined. Add coconut flour and beat until smooth.
Add zucchini, carrot, bacon, onion, oil and combine mixture.
Stir in salt and a little cracked pepper depending on your taste (or your kids).
Pour into dish and bake for approximately 3 -40 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through.
- You can slice this into wedges and serve with a garden salad for a deliciously light lunch.
- This recipe is freezeable and can be cut, wrapped and frozen for up to two months.
- If you are requiring a vegetarian alternative then you can omit the bacon.
- This recipe was created by Erin Wright for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.