Dairy free chocolate cupcakes recipe
Need a dairy free, nut free, egg free yet delicious chocolate cupcake recipe? Meg from My Wholefood Romance saves the day!
- 1 cup (about 135g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 cup (about 125g) white spelt flour
- 1/2 cup (about 50g) raw cacao
- 2 tbs arrowroot
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup ripe, mashed banana (about 135g)
- 1/2 cup chocolate, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 6 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 175C / 347F.
In a large bowl, sift together the flours, cacao, arrowroot, baking powder and sea salt and whisk to combine.
In a separate bowl, mash the banana well with a fork, and add the maple syrup, milk, coconut oil, vanilla and apple cider vinegar, whisking to combine.
Add the wet mix to the dry mix,add the chocolate if using, and gently stir to get rid of any lumps that may have survived.
Divide into patty pans, and bake for around 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- This recipe was originally posted on Kidspot.com.au and has been adapted for Kidspot.co.nz